Tuesday 2 September 2008

I have always been obsessed with stationary, from the first time I discovered pens come in different colours, I think. I loved everything about it, and LOVED the beginning of the school year- new book covers, pencils, rulers etc. I covered folders, books, worked in the school library during lunchtimes covering (I say perfecting) the new books for loan with clear contact. Some of these habits continue. In the 15yrs since I left school, and I have done 3 uni courses, and got the thrill of my life only last Thursday when I walked into Port melbourne Vinnies and found this awesome box of goodies.....
for $4! I have looked at the ones at Officeworks, knowing I can't afford it, especially for a filing cabinet. I think that what op shops provide- all those things we covet but never allow ourself as we have to be grown up and can't justify it when there are bills, rent, kids etc. Know wot I mean? Sure you do, great, isn't it? Off to file away....

1 comment:

Miss Frugal said...

I have to admit i was obsessed with book covering and stickers and smelly pens and just loved having a brand new pencil case to show off with all my new pens thats what i loved about starting a new year of school. Had to wait a long time however to get that kick again maybe thats why it was so special a bit like Christmas only comes around once a year.