Monday 29 September 2008

Frankston shopping!

Hi hi, Trish again from www.trishhunterfinds.blogspot.com

Today I went out Frankston way to visit Mum.
My Mum is Queen of opshopping. She's taught me lots. Like me, her whole house is made up completely of opshop finds.
Every time I visit she runs around pointing out all her new stuff, and then when I say I like it, she's guaranteed to say "oppy!" as if I didn't know.
Opshopping is in our blood. Nan, Mum and I.
Mum says its because her family was poor when they lived in Scotland so they found best ways to get by. "Oxo cubes in water with bread to dip" was their dinners, and "sugar sandwiches for lunch".

It's great having two sets of eyes working for you! I love going to her house as she always has a pile of goodies waiting for me, and some home cooked meals too!
She has a sharp eye and knows my taste so its great having two people buying for one!
I was delighted to receive the message the other day saying "you can have pot"



I've wanted it for SO long.

Mum's not up with the technology. She's the kind of person who you can write a whole 2 page message to, and you will get this back... "ok"
Since mum discovered the beauty of picture messaging, I am forever getting them with items Mum's found to tease me, and also items that she's found for me.
I wanted to die when I got a picture of three watches that one person only just donated.
A genuine Chanel, Gucci, and CARTIER! So not impressed. $4 each.


This is what she had for me today.



Two Staffordshire tea cup sets.



A 50's tin Ashtray



Two egg cups, 'japan'



Fur hat


And this is what I bought.



Tablecloth





Two pair of sweeeet flares. And they fit! Yee.



Apron



2 x Pillowcases



A macrame book. Don't gag yet, there's a pattern for these cute bags that I want to make.



See cute right?



Rad knitted tee! Currently being washed for immediate wear.



AMAZING crocheted poncho.



West Germany ceramic vase



And last of all this cute kettle.


My mum got hold of my camera and was loving taking photos and seeing them straight away.
She was running everywhere saying "Here, put my garden on your blog, put this on your blog, look how cute Bella is here etc." I have heaps of pics from mums house. I think a camera is on her Christmas list now. Then next is a computer. Wait till she discovers the world of eBay.

Here are a couple of pics from her house.



The view from mums front garden.



Cute frog



Drool. And that's only some.


The last thing Mum said to me as I hopped on the train was "Patricia turn your bag around, people can see that horrible macrame book"

I love my Mum.

Check out my other finds and stories at www.trishhunterfinds.blogspot.com

Eee thanks

4 comments:

Janet McKinney said...

I LOVE the Macrame book - I remember that one from my younger years in the 70s... It will be really cool within the next 5 years or so

Janet McKinney

Trish Hunter said...

OH GOOD!!
I'm glad someone does!
Whats great, is that the opshop lady gave it to me for free!
She must have seen no value in it too.
Thanks for ur reply :)

Kazza said...

Hi Trish, it's Kaz and I am always gobsmacked by your finds but more gobsmacked at where you could possibly be hiding all this stuff!!! I have been culling my stuff for a few days now as I want to be free of the clutter. Anything that is not loved to bits and/or useful is going back to the op shop. My hubbie just came home and was thrilled to go for a drive to dump the bags etc at the charity bins. He has just gone out the back to burn filed documents from the past 15 years! Great feeling getting organised and clutter free.

Gina E. said...

LOL Trish, I just love your posts!! Your mum sounds like a real fun person - she must be more of a friend to you than just a Mum!