Tuesday 16 September 2008

Ops afar

I have just had a lovely, full of laughs, girl's tennis weekend in Apollo Bay and visited the lovely op shop there. Very well organised and many sewing treasures. I bought a medicine jar of interesting sequins, a large button for covering and the following books. The sewing book has wonderfully clear diagrams for all types of embroidery stitches.I bought the Inspirations book for the stumpwork embroidery. When I went back and showed a friend she headed over and bought the rest of the Inspirations mags!



The large King size actil sheet was a great find for $2 in the Geelong West Op Shop in Pakington St. I will use this as a base for machine embroidery. This is the cleanest op shop I have ever been into (a lady washes everything before it goes out for sale) and raises money for McKillop Family Serivces. Unfortunately the friendly lady behind the counter told me it is closing as they will get more income from selling the property and investing the money. It is a shame as it is my favourite in Geelong.I also bought this cute woollen hand crocheted scarf.


Cheers

1 comment:

Miss Frugal said...

Is that a scarf its beautiful!!