Sunday 18 March 2012

Eltham B.S.L. last Friday.

I went into our shop on Friday morning, determined that there was absolutely nothing I needed to buy. But WANTED to buy..well that's another story. This little dip bowl with matching server thingy had chooks all over it. $2.

Whenever I give guests tea and coffee, I throw a few spoons on the table so they can help themselves to sugar. As soon as I saw this Spoons mug for $1, it was mine! No more untidy spoons!

This doiley needs pressing (obviously) but it is clean, and the stitching is very neat. Just needs someone to crochet the edge. $2.

Animal skin print long skirt $3.50. Label says Morgan De Toi,made in Morocco. The nightie is 'Oriental Village silk' - I bought it because of the peacock. $1.50.

Three lengths of Batik - huge pieces of fabric! They are supposed to be make into Sarees(Saris?) but I'll use them for patchwork of some kind - maybe runners, placements, wall hangings, even a quilt top...


3 comments:

FrolickingFroggy said...

Ha! Most of my op shop visits start with the thought "I really don't NEED anything", but when I'm in the shop it's amazing just how many things I find I actually do need!

Anonymous said...

i just love the batik material.

mothertheresa said...

me too, the batik material is lovely!