Monday 26 March 2012

Murrumbeena & Blackburn

I had a dental appointment with my lovely dentist in Murrumbeena today. The Oakleigh Lions op shop was only 3 doors down, so of course I had to pop in and have a look around. Only found one thing of interest, a South African cookbook for $3.

I stopped off at the two Blackburn op shops on my way home, with the specific intent of looking for some warm winter clothing - this cold weather has reminded me that winter's on its way and I don't have much in the way of   warm clothes. I was only partly successful - found this merino icebreaker for $2.50 (half price) at the Salvos in Blackburn, to wear as a first layer underneath something else. The fabric isn't as thin as the photo might suggest; I think the flash showed up the hanger underneath the top.

I also had a roam around the Epilepsy op shop in Blackburn and found these 2 items. The necklace was $1. I think I'll wrap it around my wrist and wear it as a bracelet. The skirt is pure wool and was $6 but I'll need to lose some pudge before I can fit into it. Hmmmm, I think my supply of clothes that I'll fit into "some day" is starting to exceed the clothes that I can fit into now!

2 comments:

Ren said...

I love the skirt! Yep, I have a few clothes that don't exactly fit... but will one day... ahhh

Michelle's Style File said...

Great finds once again!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com