Thursday 1 March 2012

Running amok in Malvern.

I was in Malvern again today, and as usual, checked out some of the oppies in Glenferrie Road.
Vinnies had a lot of goodies but nothing that I wanted today.  I found a nice piece of patchwork fabric at the Salvos for $2.99 but as it was a half price day, I got it for $1.50 :-)

I spent $30 at MECWA...couldn't help myself when I found three gorgeous scarves and two of those Russian dolls within dolls - so cute!  The first set cost $10, but the second set was only $5 because one of the dolls had the head missing.  The scarves were $5 each which might sound a lot, but they are for a friend who collects scarves, and I think she will be happy with them.



 






On the way home I stopped at the Salvos in Ashburton, and spent another $20. Nine ties for $2 each, a craft magazine for $2 (it had two projects using ties!) and a set of coasters ($5)featuring old Australian buildings, which I bought to go with a set of placemats I'd found at an opshop recently. I got talking to the sales girl after she asked me what I did with the ties, and when I told her I worked for an opshop myself, she cut the $25 back to $20 - nice!

No comments: