Thursday 23 October 2008

Black + Gold

Hello again! It's Sarah from forevayoungvintage here.

I never used to be a fan of the colour gold. I associated it with the image of a rich, old lady and always thought it looked tacky and cheap. Although I still prefer silver in jewellery, these days I quite like gold on clothing and own a few items myself in the bold, metalic colour. I especially like gold when it's paired with black - I find it's a great contrast and I'm always on the lookout for that colour combo on my weekly op-shop hunts.

Photobucket

The above two items were picked out this morning by yours truely. I like the criss-cross staps of the first dress, but it's very long and I'm contemplating whether or not I should chop it to make it more wearable. At the moment it's at a maxi-dress length which would be okay if the garment was lighter in colour or patterned, but the black makes it look very evening-wear and formal. The second item is much simplier in cut and I think would have been quite boring had it not had the gold studs on the sleeves. I doubt I would have looked at it twice.

No comments: