Wednesday 15 October 2008

Opping finds this week

Colours!

Photobucket

I went rummaging southside this week and found alot of dresses, most of which had quite a contemporary feel to them. The above four are my favourites out of this lot. The little red number is very cute, it has a pussy bow neck detailing plus two side pockets (I love pockets)! I find black strappy dresses quite boring and aren't typically interested in them, however this one has these fabulous gold chain straps which I thought were a modern twist on a classic design. As with most of the vintage dresses I find, I've chopped and hemmed all of these.

Photobucket

As you can see from the pictures, there actually two ways you can wear the item above. The under layer is actually a dress on its own - it's very sturdy and also has boning down the bust and torso. The outer layer is a light, semi-sheer "slip" which can be thrown over the dress part - pretty nifty! I found this garment in a small op shop just off Oakleigh and was immeidately sold on it.

For bigger pictures and more of this nonsense, head to my blog forevayoungvintage

No comments: