Friday 31 October 2008

Vintage dress!

I've always been on the hunt for a scalloped white, lace dress but hadn't had much luck. I spotted a lady umming and ahhing over this so I tried to make myself look discreet and tailed her around the store until she finally decided to leave the garment behind. Success! Of course, I pounced and now this pretty little number is in my possession.

Photobucket

The dress has a fabulous "V" back and floaty, capped lace sleeves. It was actually a few tiers longer in the skirt but I cut a few layers off so it's shorter and more "dolly" like.

More pictures and a small halloween rant at my blog forevayoungvintage

3 comments:

Kazza said...

My first wedding dress was like the one you are wearing but in a cotton lace. Early 1980's. I recently cut it up for craft work. It had a boat neck at the front and v back LOL

Vintage Lollipops said...

Gorgeous!

cheshirecat said...

wow! this dress is absolutely lovely!