Tuesday 5 February 2008

Way Out West





Hi All,

I've been reading this cool blog for a while so I thought I'd join in the fun. I love op-shopping and searching for a bargain. What I love most is trying to find something individual or different, but it's getting harder as more people are trying to do the same.

Today I visited my local St Vinnies and Salvation Army Stores in Hoppers Crossing.

I was actually searching for sewing supplies today. At Vinnies, I found some really nice light denim fabric, some royal blue corduroy, 2 patterns (including the cool knitting pattern from the 80's classic Shirl's Neighbourhood), and some nice blue beads. Total cost was $11.50. At the Salvos I bought 2 kids curtain panels that I can cut up to make into something else, and a bright pink corduroy jacket and pair of trackies for me. Total was about $12.00.

One thing that I did notice today is that both stores were really busy. At Vinnies, there were about 20 customers in total. There were 3 of us looking through the sewing / craft section at the same time and then about 5 people looking in the crockery section (while I was checking out cups and saucers). They had lots of nice vintage saucers but not many cups today.

I don't knit so I am giving away the Shirl's Neighbourhood Knitting Pattern on my blog (I only bought it because I couldn't possibly leave it behind). If you would like it, leave a message on my CurlyPops blog and I will add your name to the draw.

Til next time, Op Shop til you drop!

No comments: