Sunday 24 July 2011

Crush on a clutch

I popped in to the Forest Hill Salvos very quickly on Saturday and picked up this woven coloured straw clutch for $4. I think it's probably from somewhere in Asia originally as I used to have something a bit similar from my aunty in Malaysia when I was little.

I also picked up some information while I was at the Salvos which I posted in reply to Lyndel's post ... but here it is in case you missed it. The Forest Hill Lion's Den op shop is closing, apparently some time in August. The reason? According to the lady at the Salvos, it is because the rent has gone up to $50,000 a year (it was originally $22,000 a year). Such a shame, I loved that op shop because it was so chockablock full of stuff and not too orderly, you never knew what you would find. So if you're in the area soon, drop in to say goodbye.

By the way, I am one of the other bloggers from here who might be in the City Weekly article that Gina mentioned but she was so glamorous that they didn't need any photos of me :)
Can't wait to see the shots, Gina!

2 comments:

atnumber10 said...

Wow our very own superstars on this blog :)

Btw - gorgeous clutch. I like!

B.

Jac said...

Lovely clutch! :)