Friday 24 February 2012

BSL Eltham, Friday.

Nothing very exciting today. Not for me, but we had customers buying steadily all morning. I cleaned out my kitchen cupboards last night, after looking for something in there and not being able to find it due to all the blasted Tupperware I've accumulated over 30 years, most of which is rarely used. So I found a box and filled it with plastic to take to the BSL this morning. They were pleased; Tupperware sells well, especially the older stuff in good condition. I'm pleased because I can now see what is in my cupboard!
Back to today's finds.  A pair of slacks in my favourite colour, $4.  These will replace an older pair that are well past their use by date.

Nice Aywon brand jacket in the same colour, $4.50
Little sun hat, 50 cents.  I've got a few wide-brimmed hats, but only one or two like this, and they aren't as good as this one, which will be great when I'm doing stuff out in the yard. 
Fabulous scarf, probably polyester, and much nicer than this photo shows.  $8.  Actually this wasn't at the op shop - it was across the arcade at the Collectables shop, and she is a lot dearer than the opshop!
Black half slip, 90 cents.  I don't need another slip, as I rarely wear skirts, but I was caught short today.  Because the forecast was for a very hot day, I decided to wear a skirt instead of slacks, and again because of the heat,  I didn't put a petticoat on.  Well...I was walking across the road in the bright sunlight and saw my reflection in a shop window.  Talk about Princess Diana and her see-through skirts...my legs aren't as good as hers, so I rushed back to the shop and bought this to put on immediately!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always nice to read about BSL Eltham! Thanks :)

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Great finds, Gina !!

Debby said...

I am an avid 'op shopper' from the US. Here, we call them thrift stores. I generally buy my clothes second hand. Your prices are quite a bit higher than our prices here. My best bargain? I stumbled on a crib being sold as a doll bed. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was an antique baby crib, hand made, pegged together, and the pegs are hand carved. I expect that it is from the mid-1800s. It is sturdy and strong, and valued at over $300. I got it for $2.99.

I've added your blog to my favorites, and look forward to reading more about your treasure hunts.