Sunday 12 February 2012

The best tablecloth in the world!


So I know I said I wouldn't be opshopping for a while. I lied. It turns out I did a few sneaky op shop trips in the last week or so and these are the results...


These mugs were 99c each from Savers Brunswick

A cute (sideways) scarf from Christ Church oppie in Essendon

 as well as this nightie for $3. It seems to be an old one but appears unworn. Reminds me of some of the ones Betty Draper wears on Mad Men...... or perhaps a nanna. I'm cool with either one :o)

Then, for my find of the week, this beautiful hand embroidered tablecloth and matching 8 serviettes from Christ Church oppie in Brunswick. $8!!! The time and effort that must have gone into this beautiful set is beyond imagining. That's what I love about opshopping, the unknown stories of some of the things you buy. I would love to have met the talented lady (I'm assuming) that made this and find out a bit about her. I can't wait to have an afternoon tea party now!!!



 This apron was another 'new' old find, $3
and some cute brown shoes from last week. 
YAY!

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

You have done very well there! I have a similar tablecloth, and like you, I am awestruck at the thought of how long it took someone to embroider...

mothertheresa said...

Thanks! I have a smaller embroidered tablecloth that my grandmother had started making for my mums 21st, but she didn't get to finish it so my mum finished it off for my 21st. So that one took ages to finish! Tee hee!
Handmade things are very special!

Ren said...

Mothertheresa, you really do have an eye for awesome opshop finds. I l love them all, but esp the cups and the table cloth.

trishie said...

Wow the table cloth looks great, the embroidery work is just lovely.