Wednesday 22 February 2012

Score at Salvos in the CBD!

Hi, I'm Steph, also known as Bookgrrl. I've been blogging for the past 3 years, but have been op-shopping for the past 20. My mum passed on her love of op shops to me and I have been known to plan whole trips on the basis of an op shop being open. This is my first post for I op therefore I am and am loving yet another excuse to visit opshops!

I work in the CBD and was passing by the Bourke Street Salvos on my lunchbreak when I popped in. I managed to leave with a woollen navy jacket priced at $9.99. It's fitted at the waist and will be great for work.

The lady at the counter (they always seem to be ladies in oppies rather than girls don't they?) said it had arrived in that day and that new stock was arriving daily.

I'll post again soon about my finds closer to home- I live in Ballarat and have family in Geelong. Like I said I do like to travel!

3 comments:

Book printing said...

your jacket looks very nice.

Gina E. said...

Very smart jacket. Welcome to the blog - I'm looking forward to seeing what else you find between Melbourne and Ballarat! I've heard the Salvos CBD store is really something else. Another shop to put on my list of places to go next time I'm in town :-)

Ren said...

Hi Steph, nice first post, thank you. Good jacket, I've found a few good things there too... Not so organised at photographing and posting though :)