Wednesday 30 March 2011

You win some...

I remember the exact moment I fell in love with thrifting. I was at a friend's house and she pulled out a navy blue Chanel cropped blazer from her closet and my heart skipped a beat. It possibly stopped working when she told me she found it for 20 bucks in a Salvo's bargain bin. I've moved states since then and lost touch with her but the image of that blazer is mine forever.

I haven't been so lucky yet but I have collected a few fashion finds over the last few months. Clothes are tricky to sort through and I usually make for the books/ bric-a-brac sections but these beauties caught my attention.


A chocolate brown (in this dodgy pic it looks kind of khaki) tailored blazer still with tags! From the Fletcher Jones female 'Prophecy' collection it was just my size and sits nicely on top of my jeans so not quite cropped :) There's some subtle ruching at the shoulders which I love. RRP $269 (says the tag) but I took it home @ $14.95, Salvo's Coburg. WIN


When I saw these skinny leg jeans I had to stuff my fist in my mouth to stop myself from swearing. Bettina Liano Jeans are usually in the $150+ price range and these were in great condition. I was sold @ $10!!! Vinnies, Epping.


My best find of the month, Steve Madden black flats for a massive $5.99 @ Mill Park Savers. These are amazing. What's more amazing is that this whole outfit cost me less than a birthday cake (try doubling that @ Brunetti's, the things we do for chocolate mmm? :) Puts things into perspective doesn't it?

5 comments:

Nelly said...

Woo hoo Id be stoked too.I think I have been an opper since I was little remember going to jumble sales when I was a kid with mum and remember some of the outfits I got from them too.I was in my 1st decade of life so must have made an impact ha.

Lyndel said...

Good shopping ! That is what it really is all about... finding just what you want and need. well done.

Julietta Jameson said...

I should take a picture, but oh, what a find! Last week at an op shop in Bondi Junction, can you believe it, a Prue Acton frock from 1980 I think! White cotton with French cotton lace insertd, boat necked, drop sleeved, buttons down the back. Slightly dropped waist, full skirt. It is adorable... and i got it for $13! It was age stained, but an overnight soak revealed its fab condition, and I have worn it four times since, with little black socks and lace ups.

Anonymous said...

great shopping i cant believe you scored bettina liano jeans for $10 bucks thats the wonderful thing about op shopping!

coldlight said...

Wow great find with those Bettina Liano jeans! what a steal!