Monday 23 July 2012

News from the Mornington Peninsula


 This is my first post on this blog so I will introduce myself and explain a little of my reasons for op shopping.

I live on the Mornington Peninsula and work from home which includes babysitting twin girls three days a week.  I started op shopping for needlework supplies and found that the shops in this area have lots to offer to crafter.

Op shopping provides a way of recycling and  re-using items that are still in good condition and of course there is money to be saved too.

I will show you what I pick up in the future but in the meantime the pics here show some of the things I have bought at the Salvos in Tyabb Road Mornington.  

I need plenty of toys for the little girls and this is a great way to buy a variety of toys and games and best of all I can take them back to the Salvos when I am finished with them.  



 The toy box is beautifully hand painted and it will be good for storing my linen once the babysitting is finished.




I found this little cabinet  at the Salvos in Chelsea heights some years ago.  It is home made and really sweet.  It usually has a tea set on the shelves











I am off to Bendigo later in the week and will let you know what I find.  There are lots of opportunity shops on offer so I expect to find some real treasures.

Happy Shopping, 
 Dian

1 comment:

RobynJ said...

Love that toy dresser and the linen box. Lovely finds.