Wednesday 6 May 2009

Busy two days.

Yesterday and today I have had some spare time, so I used it the best way possible and did some more opshopping! Yesterday ended in a small catastrophe. I had been to the Salvos at 403 High Street Ashburton (just near Warrigal Road) for the first time and was very impressed with the shop, the stock and the staff. I found a willow pattern teapot in perfect condition for $10 and snapped it up along with three cute ties (more about them later). The lady wrapped up my teapot in loads of newspaper and put it in a plastic bag. When I got home, I was in a hurry to get to the loo, and so I got out of the car, grabbed my bags and headed out of the garage....CRASH! I'd picked up the plastic bag at the wrong end and the teapot fell out. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!


Today was a very good day. I started at Vinnies in High Street Ashwood (the other end of High Street, which incidentally is one of the best roads in Melbourne for opshops). There, I bought a lovely teal coloured two piece outfit for $12, and some craft bits and pieces for $3.50. (this photo also includes clothes from the last store I went to).


(this photo also includes the laces I bought at my last stop).

Then I trundled over to Savers at Greensborough and bought 3 wire baskets for my stash $11, two blouses $15, a vest $7, a pair of slacks $8, and a wooden stirrer spoon for a friend $6. I got 10% discount off all that though, through my Savers card.




On the way home from Greensborough I stopped at another Vinnies shop in Montmorency. This is a great shop - very spacious and lots of goodies.
I found some more lace - $3, two cute ties for $1 each, a red vest $3, a pair of off-white track pants $5, and two cushion inserts for $1 each (the cushions on our couch are flat as a tack)




Now I'm broke until my pension hits the bank!

3 comments:

Rain said...

I feel sorry for your patternesd teapot.

xoxo

debra said...

i too have been a victim of rushing in the door and dropping my goodies and breaking them. :(

Gina E. said...

Thank you for your sympathetic comments. Glad to know I'm not the only clumsy one!