Monday 30 June 2008

Salvation Army Opshops

I generally find the good old Salvos to be among the tidiest and cleanest of all the opshops, and Salvation Army 916 Doncaster Rd Doncaster East is no exception. I popped in there today to see if they had any linens. They didn't, but look what I found!

There was a huge selection of ties to choose from (they make great quilts and tote bags among other things), but I restrained myself and settled for these at $2 each.
I used to do a lot of sketching when I was at school and decided to take it up again. This was a great find for $5!
Jumped for joy when I found this! I had the plate and cup but not the saucer -until today. Would you believe $6??


I said there were no linens to be found but these two beautifully stitched vintage handkies will be a nice addition to my collection. 50c each.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Very nice finds!
And well done on finding the saucer to complete your set!

Unknown said...

Gina, you are doozy! It is now a proven fact that you don't find crinoline ladies - THEY FIND YOU! Wonderful finds - and, of course, you could NOT walk out the door without any embroidered linen, could you.

Blessings and bliss

Anonymous said...

I live 5 minutes from the Doncaster store and often find great bargains there.

I also love the Salvo's on Springvale road and the one on Whitehorse road at Balwyn is a veritable treasure trove of goodies.

I love old ties too, you did well there.
Silvia