Monday 23 June 2008

Boots fit for a glam rocker













A trip to the Salvos in Atherton Road, Oakleigh, netted me the sewing book above for $2.75. Another sewing book to add to my collection! I also scored a plain white long sleeved t-shirt to refashion by tie dyeing, blue tags were half-price off, so that was the grand price of $2.35.













Three "How and Why Wonder Books", 75 cents each. Initially, these were destined for taking apart to use as found paper for my printmaking or painting, but I'm getting attached to the mathematics and western ones. The maths one has some interesting facts and explanations (including googol!), which for a definitely maths-averse me is saying something! And the western one is getting cuter and cuter. Perhaps only 'Caves to Skyscrapers' will fulfill it's destiny to become art...













And these FABULOUS seventies glam rocker boots! I had to have them. Blame it on acquisitive lust and retail therapy deprivation, because I have no idea what I'm going to do with them! I saw them on Friday when I bought the books and tshirt, thought "Wow!", and managed to leave the shop without them. But I thought about them all night, wishing I'd given in to temptation. I dreamed about them. I woke up Saturday morning and said "I'm going back to the Salvos, and if those boots are still there and less than $20, they are MINE." They were still there, priced at $14.75, and they ARE mine :)
And they even fit, except around my chubby calves, but I don't care. I didn't plan to wear them. I just needed to have them. Perhaps they'll turn up in an art piece. Perhaps I will just get a piece of shiny red satin and mount the boots on top of a plinth, and call them found art.

4 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Oh those boots are fab!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who goes to the charity shops and has to have something just because!

Stacey said...

That's a fantastic shop, one of my favourites.
I can't say I've ever seen boots like those in there though!!

eutichia said...

ohhh i love the boots if you ever get sick of them.....lob them over my way...

Natalie... said...

These boots are the greatest!! definately art, but certainly a head turner or a conversation starter wherever you go