Tuesday 24 June 2008

Charity Shopping: on thrift street

I've received some information about a fantastic forthcoming title - Charity Shopping: on thrift street. The book will look at some of the best charity (opportunity) shops in the UK, as well as some in cities outside the UK: specifically New York, San Franciso and Portland in the US and Sydney and Melbourne in Australia.

And the publisher would like some input from I op therefore I am readers and writers alike - which is your favourite op shop and why? Which should have a chance at being included in the book?

Please - leave a comment and support the glorious practice of treasure hunting and supporting charity that is op shopping.

2 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Ooooh - that book looks great! I love charity shopping and my favourites are the little ones that are a small charity. My two favourites for bargains are a catholic charity one in Burnley and one for a horse charity called Only Foals and Horses also in Burnley UK. Both are staffed by wonderful volunteers and have great finds.

Stacey said...

There are just too many to choose from!
Can I nominate a couple?
I love the Amaroo Neighbourhood Charity Shop in Mt Waverley. Its hidden down a residential street, looks tiny from the outside but opens into a messy treasure cave of goodness. The staff are kooky and friendly.
Second is the Southern Opportunity Shop in Mentone (I do go on about this shop). The button wall! Say no more.