Monday 2 December 2013

Farewell Melbourne!

Well ladies, it's been a while since I posted, but it's for a kind of sad reason. I have moved away, back to Sydney. Unfortunately things just didn't work out for me in Melbourne.

I will certainly miss the awesome opshops though - Sydney doesn't have nearly as many, and most of them aren't open on weekends! And, we don't have Savers!!! Imagine that, if you can!

So I'd like to say thanks for welcoming me into the op-shopping community and I will regularly be checking the blog to see all your wonderful finds!

In parting, I'd like to share a couple of op-shopping adventures with you. This little sewing table I found at a Salvo's up here for $20. (the sewing machine I already had!)

It's perfect, as I'm currently staying in my sister's spare room which does not have a desk, and I can use it as a table for my sewing machine or my laptop computer. The floral fabric is a couple of napkins I picked up for 50c. 
In the same trip I scored a retro slow cooker for $15. I was ecstatic about this because it's exactly the same as my old flatmate's, which I used all the time but no longer have access to!

Finally, I'd like to brag about this - a costume I made entirely from op-shopped clothes!

Well, except for the shoes which I already had. I wore it to the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special a couple of weeks ago. I'm a Whovian. :-)
If you'd like to see more pictures of the dress, or just want to stop by and say hi, drop by my blog

Wishing you a merry Christmas and may the new year bring many thrifty bargains!!

Laura


3 comments:

Gina E. said...

Hi Laura,
Sorry things didn't work out for you in Melbourne, so I hope life will be better in ole Sydney town, opshops or not! But those things you found at the Salvos look great, so maybe they will be your oppy lifeline, lol! Have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year.
Gina
xx

RobynJ said...

Just back from reading your blog. Absolutely fabulous dress.

DIAN said...

Laura, thanks for popping in and showing us what you have bought and telling us of your move to Sydney. I hope this works out well for you.
Your gown is amazing and I will visit your blog when I have time for a good read.
Good luck and good fortune.