Monday 28 June 2010

Three days later....

Popped down to Coles for a few bits and pieces today, and made the usual detour to the Brotherhood. Going by the stickers on this artists watercolour book, it was originally at Eckersleys (art supplies shop) for $39.95, reduced to $27.95, and finally ended up at the opshop for $2. I'm only a dabbler in painting and drawing, and have often thought I'd like to take classes, so this book might motivate me to actually do something.



The other item I bought for $1 today was this 'stained glass window' Indian that you hang on your window to catch the light. We have a big one of a Lorikeet, that is on a glass door in our lounge, which faces the west, so it gets lots of sun. The MOTH likes anything Indian, and he thought this was neat.

2 comments:

Jac said...

Awesome find with the art book! Those books are pricey brand new, what a great find at $2!!! My mum would be totally jealous, I think she has always wanted to try watercolours too :)

a very fine house said...

So happy to have found you, I was raised on op shops and will tell my op shop obsessed friend all about your blog.