Saturday 19 June 2010

An Entire Day of Op Shopping

To celebrate finishing my exams I went op shopping with my mum and younger sister, here is a summary of the adventures!

1. Lots of Things Opp Shoppe, Poath Rd Hughesdale
I picked up a pair of mens leather shoes that miraculously fitted me for only $8! My sister got a pair of black skinny leg Levi's for $12 and a lovely long scarf for $3.50


2. Salvo's, Koornang Rd, Carnegie
I picked up a Lolitta cardigan ($8.99) and a Dotti t-shirt ($3.99)

3. Red Cross, Koornang Rd, Carnegie
I picked up a cricket style white jumper, and because there was 30% off instore it came to just over $5!! (not sure when this sale ends but definitely worth checking out if you have a Red Cross op shop near you!)

4. Passedon, Carnegie
Not sure this is an op shop... it said 'new and recycled clothing' on the sign(?) Was seriously overpriced pre-loved and new designer gear... I would not really recommend going to at all. I walked away empty handed!

5. Lions Oakleigh Op Shop, Murrumbeena (near the station)
Small little op shop, with a decent book selection. Clothes were a little more dated than in most of the other stores we went to that day.. but they had a $3 and $5 rack of absolute clothing treasures. Mum got some Ojay jeans for $5, sister got a jumper for $5 and I got a red Nike dry-fit running skivvy for $3. Not a great deal of selection but worth a look as there were some great brands for very cheap prices (and the staff running the store were very sweet!)

6. National Council of Jewish Women of Australia - The Oppe Shoppe, Caulfield
Lovely friendly vibe in this store, and a very helpful lady who assisted us! Sister got a lovely mustard coloured cardigan for $8 as well as an Olga Berg purse for $5. I got the same purse also, as well as a red leather Hermes one (seriously - my best op shop bargain EVER!) for $4 each!

7. Vinnies, Oakleigh
WOW! This was one of my favourite op shops of the day! They were having a 50% off sale on green tags (I think it was green?) and mum managed to pick up a gorgeous red jacket with an oriental collar made by a Sydney designer whose name escapes me right now.. well s
he got it for only $6! She also picked up a few books, as did I! This was one of the best ranges of books I have ever seen in an op shop, and most prices were $1 or $2, with a few even marked 2 for $1!! Needless to say I got a small pile of books and it only came to $7! I had my eyes on a cardigan with little black scottie dogs beaded all over.. bit sadly it was too small. Was absolutely adorable and only $10... so if it sounds like your cup of tea and you're a petite size 8-10 check it out!

9. Salvos, Oakleigh
Good sized store, I didn't find anything I liked but sister managed to get another long chunky scarf for like $3.

10. Red Cross, Oakleigh
None of us picked anything up but this was a really lovely store, everything was colour coded, and 30% off! Very busy... lots of other people obviously found some great bargains! :)

11. Salvos, Cheltenham Rd, Keysborough
Not sure I'd head back to this store. The guy serving us was really friendly, but there wasn't a great deal of selection clothing wise. There was alot, I mean the store is actually quite massive, but most of the clothes are pre-loved discount department store brands like Target and Kmart. They had a good range of homewares though and mum came away with a blue and white stripe sugar jar. I picked up a Miss Shop tshirt with its tags still on for only $5.99, and a tan and white checky scarf for $2.99.

Was a bit of an epic day... but it all went to good causes and we all managed to walk away with some lovely bargains!


4 comments:

MildlyCrafty said...

Wow! Sounds like a great day!

coldlight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coldlight said...

so many op shops in one day! this sounds fantastic :) i love the purses you got :)

Jac said...

Thankyou - it really was a great day :) I definitely recommend a day of op shopping to everyone, was so much fun!