Tuesday 11 October 2011

More Forest Hill finds


If you've ever wondered what a wicker whatnot is, well, here's one for your reference.
I found it at the YES op shop in Mahoney's Road, Forest Hill. I think they had bought a bulk lot from an auction house because this still had a number on it and a label saying "antique wicker whatnot, $69". (yes, $69 is a lot, I know, but I got sucked in by the word "antique". And I can never go past anything that is old, antique-y and has lacquer work on it, like this).


It will need cleaning up, so if anyone has tips, let me know!


I also got a Stella McCartney for Target silk top for about $7...


... and some doilies for 50c-$1.


I'm pretty sure they were all handmade, look at the detail!





No idea what I'm going to do with them, but I just couldn't resist...










4 comments:

Katie said...

My Nan had a wicker whatnot, but it wasn't anywhere near as fancy as that one.

zigsma said...

That black doily is gorgeous!

Gina E. said...

Nice lot of goodies there! Forest Hill is a treasure trove of opshops, bit like Ashburton. Gotta get myself over there again soon.

Brendon Tylor said...

The quality at the South Melbourne Markets or the Prahran Markets is even better than Queen Vic which probably has Hair melbournethe best atmosphere - and the best Karnski - did you try that?