Thursday 15 May 2008

Calenders

Great score at Ashburton Services Op-shop; calenders for 50c each! It's not toooo late for a 2008 calender, is it? There were heaps - brand new still in plastic.

Gorgeous Steve Parish photos - so iconic! D2 has been asking for a calender for months now, but it never seemed to happen. We don't really need so many, but I couldn't resist the pictures.

I truly love design in nature - to me, it is a constant reminder of life being 'designed', planned, created, not happening 'by chance'.

Hubbie and I (though mainly him) are avid bird spotters - 'twitchers' I've been told. Hubbie has much better eye-sight than me and can spot a colour behind their ear, to identify them! I'm just happy to know that they are there.


White-winged fairy wren - is that colour for real?


Eastern Rosella - we often seem them in the suburbs.



Superb Fairy-wrens - my favourite!!

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!
Those calendars would be a great resource for arts and crafts, too :)

BwcaBrownie said...

I love the black masks on wrens.
They are funny little birds and stick together in family groups.
And that eastern rosella is having a bath!

Today I noticed crimson rosellas eating rosehips off the unpruned bushes - so rich in vitamin C - smart birds.

India, said...

wow!