Tuesday, 8 January 2008

The thrifting thrill.

I usually go to op shops alone, but as it is school holidays I had the kids with me today.

Everyone had their arms full of Salvo's good stuff. As we were standing in line waiting to pay I was fossicking through the bargain bins. Just look
what I found...



It was just a calico folder - nothing special. When I opened it & saw this Strawberry Shortcake stationery I squealed with delight. I'm young enough (just) to remember when Strawberry Shortcake first hit the scene. I got her show bag at the Royal Melbourne Show that year & I had the shoelaces in my Dunlop Volleys.

My big girl said to me: "Mum, do you always do that when you find things you like in Oppies?"
Me to big girl: "Do what?"
Big girl to me: "Squeal & dance around like you need to go to the toilet!"

The thrill of a great op shop find is surely worth a little squeal & dance.

4 comments:

Amelia said...

oh i remember strawberry shortcake! i'm going to keep an eye out for a pair of those shoelaces ...

Maggie Pie said...

I got that showbag too and Strawberry Shortcake still rocks my world.

Meet Me at Mikes said...

Shake it up Kirst! Esp for Strawberry Shortcake!

li li said...

LOVE that strawberry shortcake stationery!! ^o^