Tuesday 18 December 2012

today's loot

Hello! 
I'm finally on holidays, so to celebrate I went opshopping (I will clean the house tomorrow) haha! 
 Some good finds today. In the first pic is an Australian souvenir tablecloth for $1 from the little oppie on Union Rd in Ascot Vale (I love souvenir linen!!!), 4 Johnson Bros. dinner plates for $1 each BSL Moonee Ponds, a pot plant holder for $5 and a book about jewellery for $3 at BSL Brunswick. I like how all these things match :o)
 This little plastic folding tray was $1 from the Union Rd opshop (can't remember who runs it??)
 And then I got a heap of children's books! Vinnies at Ascot Vale had the best selection. Most opshops I went to charged me $1 each however the ones I got at BSL Brunswick were $3 each, so I was pretty choosy with the ones I bought from there. The puppets below were 50c from the Union Rd opshop and I think she threw in the hammer for free ;o)
On another note, I did some amazing garage sailing on the weekend! It must be the weather for it. My favourite find was a vintage fur stole for $5 in awesome condition. I'd seen some in vintage shops and even opshops before but they'd always been too expensive for me, but for $5 I felt I could indulge my retro glamour desire to own a fur. Also, the Fitzroy primary school has a great vintage/second hand market once a month that is really good! I stumbled across it on Saturday but didn't get a great deal of time to look around as it was near pack up time (most stall holders were willing to do deals though at this time) Worth looking into retro lovers!!
Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my mum had a pot plant holder like that. i think it was red. good buys again.

Unknown said...

Nice loot ... love that tray!

Anonymous said...

I went on an op shop shopping spree also today!

I live in Flemington and have always wondered what the op shops are like around here (my store of choice is Savers in Brunswick) so thanks for highlighting your Ascot Vale bargains - I will definitely pay them a visit.

DIAN said...

Fantastic buys - love the little tray.

Anonymous said...

Great finds and good to know about the fitzroy market thanks!