Sunday 11 November 2012

One--Dollar Wonderland!

This morning we popped out to Salvo's Williamstown, where I found a (among other things) this cute retro teatowel for $3.99.

 Then on the spur of the moment we decided to head over to the Laverton Lighthouse. Hadn't been there in a while, and got a bit lost - but it was worth it! All clothes $1!
A denim jacket, this interesting skirt, a grey wool Fletcher Jones jacket, and a slightly strange grey rollneck jumper.

I also found some pillowcases and an embroidered quilt cover which are perfect for a couple of projects I am working on. Oh and these darling vintage spools, which cost me less than 50c!

There is a tiny Missionpoint on Somerville Road which is only open a few days a week. They get a lot of dumping at the front of the shop. Last Tuesday on my way to work I saw a red suitcase had been dumped with some other stuff. I wasn't going to be able to get there until Thursday, so philosphically I thought if it was still there it was meant to be mine! Indeed it was, in fact it was still in front of the shop under a lot of other stuff. It hadn't been priced so I offered them $4. It's pretty battered and one of the catches is broken, but for that price I'm stoked. I have a big crush on retro and vintage luggage at the moment.

Last but not least I got to Savers on Friday and got this little beauty for $7.99!

This is sewing machine #4 for me! At least it doesn't take up much room :-)

By the way, Savers Footscray is having a 50% off Clothing Sale on Monday 12th. I'll have to get out of bed early tomorrow....

4 comments:

Lyndel said...

oh you got some great finds there... well done.

RobynJ said...

Nice work. I have lots of "vintage" spools. They were my mum's and I also have one of those "retro" suitcases which I have owned since new. I'm beginning to feel old. Have to agree, though, that wooden spools have a good look to them.

DIAN said...

Those jackets are real bargains and you can never have too many spools of thread.

Love the case, too.

Gina E. said...

Great finds. Are you going to show us the pillow cases and embroidered quilt cover as well? I'd KILL to see that!
Sewing machine at Savers? I must keep an eye out at our local Savers; I never thought to look at the electrical section for a sewing machine. Good thinking!