Friday 5 October 2012

half price surprise!

I was out and about today and dropped in at BOSL in Brunswick for a quick look. I wasn't really in the mood for looking today but the lovely warm weather we've had inspired me to look at the summer tops for once. I found a super cute check top for $3 and a silk Witchery top for $3 also. The checked top is quite old by the look of the tag, perhaps 60s or 70s? (help me out fashion historians!!)  It is by Iri fashions. The yellow Rubi shoes were marked at $6 and worn only once or twice I reckon, I'm not usually a fan of synthetic slip ons but I'd been looking for yellow shoes for aaages and beggars can't be choosers right? Anyway, as I came to the counter one of the staff got on a microphone and announced that all clothing was half price for the next hour only! Great timing! So in the end I got the lot for only $5 as the man at the counter said I could have the shoes for $2!! BARGAIN!! It was hard to resist not going back for a second look then but I decided not to and left only with these items. (It was hard!!)
They also have a great deal on jackets at the moment too, all jackets $8 and if you buy one you get another one free! Not sure how long it was running for though???

3 comments:

DIAN said...

Love the shoes but cannot help with the label on the top. Hope the weather improves so we can wear our summer finds.

Anonymous said...

Cute shoes, I have size 11 feet so I can never find nice shoes!

Anonymous said...

I reckon the shirt might be early eighties - checks and frills were a thing then - but with an unusual design.

I saw one recently in an opp shop and was surprised by the old look of the label. It was also made in Australia.