Saturday 11 August 2012

Vintage treasures

 At last I have had time to visit the op shops, well one op shop anyway.  It is my usual haunt - Vinnies in Tyabb Road, Mornington.

They had so many beautiful things on the shelves I felt overwhelmed. 

Lots of  vintage linen - the little needlepoint mat is about 12cm long and looks like a tiny carpet.

Next is an afternoon tea cloth, hand stitched and in good condition.

And then I came upon this white cloth featuring a butterfly and another doiley.

The embroidered hand stitched doiley is pretty although not well stitched.


This cross stitch mat is lovely although it is badly stained and needs a good wash.

This saucer is really sweet.
Finally this old Royal Doulton plate.  




I love the fact that they have such high quality items at reasonable prices. 

The staff are always so helpful and cheerful.

 


6 comments:

Corinne said...

I have little teacups that match the last plate! :D

Brilliant finds!

Corinne said...

(May I ask how much your doilies and plates cost?)

Unknown said...

Hi Dian,
I am also in Mornington, we should go op shopping together! I try to go at least once a week.

~Chris
www.gimmeguitars.blogspot.com

Gina E. said...

Nice loot, Dian! Those linens should come up just fine after a stint in good old Napisan ;-)

Stella said...

That plate! Swoon.

kenwood food processors said...

I think it is a good product. I have to read all of about this product. So I hope that it will develop surely.