Thursday 26 September 2013

Thrift camping!

Heading off on a camping trip soon so I was delighted to find some handy things at Lighthouse Footscray last week:



The tent didn't have any poles or pegs, so they only charged me $3 for it - score! Hopefully I can find some poles to suit.

Then all week I'd had a feeling I needed to go to Lighthouse in Laverton. I hadn't been for ages and I'm so glad I managed to get out there!


Blow up mattress! The one thing I thought for sure I'd have to buy new for my camping trip. $8! Another tent, this one had poles but not as good quality as the first one, so hopefully I'll be able to cobble them together somehow. (I have pumped up the mattress and it works perfect, no leaks! Yay!)
The Burda magazines made my day at $1 each. These were all from 2006/2007 and had all the pattern sheets intact - it's so rare to find them in op shops, I had to snap them up. I have already used one pattern to make a pair of pants!
Last but not least was this awesome dress - I'd hesitated over the $12 price tag but the fabric had so much potential I decided it was worth it - then when I got the counter I found out it was half-price! I love it when that happens.

I know it looks kind of hideous here but I have high hopes. 

Happy shopping everyone! I am off to Canberra this weekend for a few days so hoping to hit some regional oppies there and on the way. 


2 comments:

RobynJ said...

Some good buys there. Have fun on your trip to Canberra.

DIAN said...

love the dress - as you say it has great potential.
Good buying with the camping gear too.