Friday 17 June 2011

Linen Sale -- 50% OFF -- Ashburton Op shop

I can never resist an Op Shop Sale.  Today (Fri), tomorrow (Sat) .. and apparently next week too.. is 50% off all Linen at the Ashburton Support Services op shop, in High St Ashburton, right on the corner of Welfare Pde at the Railway Station.

I picked up a pair of embroidered pillowcases, a lovely Irish Celtic Design linen tea towel from the Ulster Weavers, and a terry handtowel with granny crochet top to hang from my towel rail in the kitchen.... perfect !!
There were no 1960s floral sheets for me, unfortunately, but there were 2 huge racks of sheets / doona covers. . . all individually measured and priced and neatly hung in rows ..  if I needed more sheets (I DO NOT!! LOL), I could have come home with a car full at their prices.
The Shop is open ALL DAY Saturday now. So that's 10am to 4pm six days a week.... (closed  Sundays).

4 comments:

Nelly said...

That Celtic teatowel is way too nice for a teatowel lol

Scarlett said...

I wish the charity shops here would have more 50% off sales! I love your finds :o) Scarlett x

Gina E. said...

That tea towel would make a great quilt. I mean, using it as the centrepiece, and surrounded by layers of fabrics in matching colours. I've got to stop looking at teatowels...And I'm not going anywhere near Ashburton next week. The temptation would be too great!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love a good tea towel, I love making them into tote bags.