Saturday 8 November 2014

If I could only visit one brand of op shops it would be the Sacred Heart shops, these are not your average op shops and often the clothes are quite expensive, but  you meet such lovely friendly people working behind the counters. on Wednesday I visited the one in Inkerman street East St Kilda and met a wonderful "lady in a hat". she was so nice and friendly and we had a nice chat. I also regularly visit the Elsterwick and South Melbourne shops and always manage to find a treasure or two.
Is anyone else still op shopping?

6 comments:

Gina E. said...

Hi Linda,
I still drop into the Brotherhood in Eltham from time to time, and work there occasionally to cover someone else who is away. I haven't had time for ages to go on a real opshop splurge, so I don't find all the bargains that I used to post about. I do find some bits and pieces at the BSL but by the time I've got home and put them away, the last thing I think of doing is posting about them on the blog!

Katie said...

Yep, still op shopping whenever I get the chance! Unforunately, our free day is usually a Sunday, which means there aren't too many op shops open for business (although this is changing a bit with some of the 'chain' op shops).

linda said...

that's good Gina and Katie that someone else is still out there.
Katie the Sacred Heart op shops are all open on Sunday.

Linda said...

I am still op shopping, however, in Sydney! I love reading about all your fab finds in Melbourne.

Running Amok With An Ax said...

I'm still op shopping, too. I regularly haunt the Salvos, Vinnies, Savers, several "independent" op shops, but haven't posted in a while. Must fix that!

Unknown said...

I only just came across your blog as I was looking for op shops in the South Yarra area, and I'm very glad that your blog exists!
I love to op shop and I go quite frequently, in fact I'm off to go see some today! We have a Sacred Heart op shop near me in Bentleigh and I absolutely love it! I usually pop in once a week or so, on the way to the train station or grocery shopping and I usually always find at least one treasure!
I hope you continue posting, because your blog is ever so lovely!