Thursday 8 April 2010

That's the spirit


I'm always on the lookout for old linen teatowels in the oppy's. I found this great one at the NCJW Opshop on Hawthorn Rd in Caulfield. It features retro graphics and recipes for old-school cocktails- the kind that Mad Men's Don Draper has his young daughter mix for him! Now if I ever need to make someone an Old Fashioned, a Tom Collins, a Sidecar or a White Lady, I'm set.



Also, I'll know just what's required if someone tells me they want a... Monkey Gland?

9 comments:

Nadine said...

LOVE it! :) Please do not use this to dry your dishes.... :)

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree I think this needs to be framed what a great find.
xo
Danev
(Brissy Op Shops)

Gina E. said...

I love it too - what a great find!

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

just lovely! Lol! i had to have a chuckle over some of the drink names!

secondhandrose said...

Great score!

Running Thread said...

Excellent find. Wow!

MildlyCrafty said...

That's a great one. I'm a bit jealous, but I've scored 3 never used linen ones recently. Very pleased with myself.

Anonymous said...

A novel find op shop sis. I think it is the best I have seen. Now, you must share with us all what you intend to do with it okay. Yes, I am practical and there is no use hoarding it away. My retro tea towels are put to good use in my retro 70s kitchen. Yes, I still have the original kitchen in my retro 70s house. These little gems are great for drying without the streaks and fluff. And they brighten up the brown laminate cupboards and white bench tops. Maybe you need a bar to accessorise your find?

Danielle said...

My boyfriend would love this. He fancies himself as a bit of a Don Draper!!