Thursday 9 April 2009

happy easter


A little while ago I found this lovely tin in my very favourite Op Shop, Tempcare in Oakleigh.
I find that the independent stand alone Op Shops are the best and if they are a little untidy and disorganised, even better. You just never know what is lurking under that pile of net curtains in the corner.

I love the tin. I don't know if you can see from the photos, but it is embossed as well as coloured, so that each little coloured section stands proud of the tin, to give it a mosaic like effect.



It has sat empty for these last few weeks as I wasn't sure what I wanted it to house. But then, inspiration hit. Of course....


Happy Easter everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I love this tin, and would have snapped it up too. And it's definitely perfect for Easter eggs :-)

Gina E. said...

Stacey, it is lovely! Until you said it was tin, I thought it was actually a mosaic container of some kind. Very unusual.

Erin said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you make me so jealous! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it! apsdlfkajpeoiwuepoiawrj phhhhhhhhffffffffft. I'm coming to Australia. With an empty suitcase.

Rain said...

nice box!