Tuesday 11 November 2008

An Op Shopping Excursion


Witchery dress found at St Vincent's in Hampton

I haven't posted here for quite a while.  Not that I haven't been op shopping all this time, of course not!, but if you ever drop by my blog you will be aware of our house moving project.  It has been selfishly hogging my time so that blogging is a rare occurrence. However, I had to share a recent jaunt to some of my favourite op shops with you.  

Two new Melbourne friends (1 from Sydney & 1 from Chicago) are very keen thrifters, but lack a local's knowledge of all the secret haunts where treasure can be found.  So I planned a day (from school drop off to pick up) to share 4 of my favourite haunts. The trip was such a success that a plan is developing for fortnightly jaunts.  Lucky I still have a few secrets up my sleeve.  Here is our itinerary if you would like to go on your own excursion.

1.  Sacred Heart Mission Op Shop - cnr Inkerman Rd & Hotham St, St Kilda East:
great for adult and children's clothes, ties and jewellery.

2. St Stephen's Op Shop - 116 Martin St, Brighton:
run by a lovely bunch of nanna's who will help you find just what you are looking for, and at a great price!

3. Gibney's Gourmet Foods - Martin St, Brighton:
we stopped here for a scrumptious lunch and coffee break.

4. St Vincent's Hampton - 501 Hampton St, Hampton:
large collection of china, glassware, clothes, books and furniture.  I always go home with something from here.

5. Oppe Shoppe - Hawthorn Rd, Caulfield North:
shoes, clothes, bags - they often get Olga Berg and Nine West seconds.

I wish I had photos to share of the bootful of goodies 3 girls can accumulate on one excursion, but well we were just to busy searching!  I'll let you know how the next goes.
Happy thrifting.

1 comment:

Aussie Jo said...

This sounds a great day out, I'll put it on my list of things to do.