Friday 10 August 2007

Sentimental St Kilda Finds

Here are a few of my favourite things.....


I look at photos of myself as a child and wish that my Mum hadn't gotten rid of all those great treasures of the late 70s and early 80s. If only they were still around for me to dress my Bella Cinderella in such funky attire. Hence I just had to buy these maroon tracky overalls, I'm guessing circa 1970 something.... $4 at the local Hunter Gatherer on Acland St. I was so desperate for her to wear them this winter that I even clumsily sewed extra buttons on the straps to make them smaller.




With my sentimental yearning in mind I discovered this treasure this morning at another local Op-Shop - The Sacred Heart Mission on the corner of Hotham and Inkerman. Melamine vintage Disney at only $3! I can already hear it hitting the ground over and over again....

1 comment:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh, gorgeous bowl, we just went to Disneyland & brought home 4 melamine bowls from the Disneyland Hotel Enchanted Garden Restaurant (breakfast buffet) accidentally on purpose. They are hotly contended favourites, i should have helped myself to a dozen of them, as they are on high rotation. Just checking out the op shop envy i have to endure, living in the tropics, where there isn't any. Love Posie